Course Descriptions and Scheduling
In an effort to have each student plan their coursework for the following year, all students receive the Course Request sheet appropriate to their grade level (see below) in December or January during scheduling meetings with the DHS counselors. After the students choose their courses, they have until the first week following winter break to enter those course requests into PowerSchool. Any student who misses the deadline will have their courses entered into PowerSchool by their high school counselor. These courses will be up to the discretion of the counselor.
To see which courses are offered for next year, for each grade level, please view the appropriate attachments below. Please note that it is possible that some courses on the lists below may not actually be available due to lack of requests or Master Schedule conflicts.
You have an empty slot in your schedule.
You are missing a core course for your grade level
- If you will be a junior or senior who would like to dual-enroll next year, please continue to select 12 courses for now—your counselor will adjust your DHS schedule later in the spring when your dual enrollment eligibility is confirmed.
- If you will be a senior next year and want a reduced schedule for either or both of the semesters, please select it under the “OTHER ELECTIVES” pull-down menu.
- If you are a junior or senior who will be taking a CTE Consortium course, pay attention to the following:
- Graph X = 2 hours per semester (4 class slots per year)
- All other consortium classes = 3 hours per semester (6 class slots per year)
- Cosmetology 2 (taken in the senior year) is four hours per semester
- You MUST scroll to the bottom of the page and SUBMIT your selections.
- PRINT your course selections to save a copy for your records.