Grading Scale/Graduation Requirements
- Grading Scale and Weighted Grades
- Graduation Requirements
- Credits Required for Class of 2025 and Beyond
DHS Final Transcript Grading Scale
Percentages are rounded up. For example, if a student earned 92.5% in a course, it would automatically round up to 93% for the final transcript grade.
Students who take Advanced Placement and International Baccalaureate courses will receive a weighted grade with an added value of 1.0 points for each course.
- Transcripts would show an un-weighted grade point average and class rank.
- Transcripts would also show a weighted grade point average and class rank.
- Transcripts would indicate how much DHS weighted grades are weighted by.
This change was applied retroactively to all Dexter students beginning in September of 2012
The State of Michigan (MED) requires the 18 credits outlined in the Michigan Merit Curriculum. MDE also empowers local school districts to determine additional requirements. When the Dexter Board of Education adopted the block schedule for fall 2021, part of that proposal included an increase in the total number of credits required for graduation. The phasing in of the increased total credits is outlined by graduation year below.
Credits to Graduate
|2024-2025||29 out of 32 possible (18 from Michigan Merit Curriculum; 3 elective credits)|
|Class of 2026 and beyond||29 out of 32 possible (18 from Michigan Merit Curriculum; 3 elective credits)|