DHS Main Office
DHS School Hours
- Main Office Staff
- Cell Phone Policy
- PowerSchool Mobile App
- Bell Schedule
- Work Permits
- DCSD APP
- Mrs. Deutschmann is our new Attendance Secretary. She can help you and your student with questions relating to student attendance, late arrival/early dismissal and signing in and out of school, work permits, and other general information. If you aren’t sure where to go, or who to ask, see Mrs. Deutschmann email@example.com X7011
- Mrs. Sadler is the Secretary to the Principal. She can help you and your student with questions regarding scheduling a meeting with Ms. Nowak, ordering books for DEMC classes, Power School, and other general information. firstname.lastname@example.org X7013
- Mrs. Stoll is an all-around secretary who can help with PowerSchool issues, some athletics questions, and more! She's at email@example.com or x7082
- Mrs. Agostini (Connie) is the Office ParaEducator. She can help your student with questions regarding Consortium, student parking permits, detention and Saturday School, lockers, and other general information. firstname.lastname@example.org X7015
- Mrs. Mudloff is our Count Secretary. She handles pupil accounting, student records, medical forms, and alumni education verification. email@example.com X7012
For information about Counseling, Scheduling, etc., please visit the Counseling page.
- Work Permits (see Work Permits tab above)
- Student Office Procedures Fact Sheet
- Student Parking Registration Forms
Available in the Main Office
- Absence & Tardy Policy (from the DCS Student Handbook)
- Student Emergency Forms
- Event Posting Guidelines
- DCS Calendar
- DHS Map
- MHSAA Physical Forms
- Opt-out for photos, military, and directory
- Vacation Approval Forms
- Yearbook Order Forms
- Senior Ad Order Forms
- Power School Sign-in Info Sheet
- IB Program Information
- MESP (Michigan Education Savings Plan)
Dexter Community Schools use PowerSchool to manage student records. Parents and students can login and view class assignments, grades, etc. by going to this link: PowerSchool Login. You will need your student's ID. Parents are also assigned a login by the school; the building secretary can help you with those numbers.
- Please note: PowerSchool is not available year-round for parent access. During the summer, we have a maintenance period and in August, it is unavailable until the new school year has been activated.
- Parents can set up notifications for grades, missing assignments, etc. by making those selections when logged in to PowerSchool.
- Parents can now submit updates. to contact information in their student's PowerSchool record, including change of address, contact information, emergency contacts, health updates, and more. Directions for using PowerSchool forms are here.
NETWORK LOGIN INFO
- Student emails follow this format: firstname.lastname@example.org. Use their proper name, not nickname.
- The network login for Chromebooks is your student's email. The network login for MacBook Airs follows this format: gradyearCapitalizedlastnameCapitalizedfirst intial. So, for Bob Smith, class of 2024, the network login would be: 24SmithB.
- The default student password is usually their student ID. If that does not work, please contact your school secretary for assistance. Or, if you re-set your password, use the password reset link under the PowerSchool sign-in boxes.
PowerSchool Mobile App
PowerSchool Mobile app gives parents and students access to real-time information on grades, attendance, assignments, scores, and comments. With a clean, easy-to-use interface and intuitive design, the app allows parents to monitor their child's proficiency on standards and register to receive immediate alerts specific to their child.
Getting Started with PowerSchool Mobile
(Requires iOS 7 or later for iPhone®, iPad® or iPod touch®, or Ice Cream Sandwich version 4.0 or greater)
Download the appropriate app to your device. Use the following links:
- iTunes PowerSchool Mobile App (for iOS devices)
- Google Play Powerschool Mobile App (for Android devices)
Open the app and enter the Dexter Community Schools district code when prompted: FZWJ
Trouble Shooting: Please visit the PowerSchool Parents FAQ and scroll down to the Mobile App items.
Canvas is the LMS (Learning Management System) Dexter Community Schools uses to communicate and administer course content. Please utilize Canvas to monitor class activities, access assignments, and maintain communications during the school year.
To use Canvas to check in on your student's progress, click on this Observer login link and log in using your existing credentials. If you haven't created an observer account yet, use the link at the top right of the login window to create one.
If you need help with your password or account, please contact email@example.com.
Remember, students use a different portal. They log in using the student Canvas portal and their school network account.
The Dexter Community School District (DCSD) Blackboard App is a great way to stay informed about goings-on at school:
- Receive notifications regarding weather-related school closures, scheduled days off, and other urgent news;
- Access the following functions: deposit lunch money, pay athletics fees, pay yearbook and other school fees through Eleyo;
- Log In to your grade 5 & up student's PowerSchool account;
- Search the Dexter Schools phone and email directory quickly;
- Quickly view lunch menus.
In addition to district news, you can subscribe to updates from individual buildings. Go to Notifications, then click the gear icon in the right top corner of the screen to select the news you want to be notified about. All your news updates are in one place.