DHS Central Office
- Students are allowed to use cell phones between classes and at lunch.
- Students who are ill should come to the office to call home.
- A table is available in the office for items that are dropped off for students during the school day. Students should check the table between classes or at lunch if they are expecting a drop off.
- Students are not permitted to go to their cars during the school day.
- DHS is a Closed Campus. Students are not permitted to leave for lunch.
- Food deliveries from restaurants (pizza, subs, etc…) are prohibited.
Absences and Late Arrivals
- Students may be excused by a parent message on the attendance line within 24 hours of the absence or tardy. Please call 734 424-4240, and select Option #1.
- Students arriving after the beginning of the school day, or departing before the end of the school day, must sign in or out in the office.
- Students must have permission before leaving the building.
- Failure to sign in or out will result in an unexcused absence.
Early Dismissal Passes
Students leaving during the school day need to obtain a pass from the office prior to the start of the class that they are leaving.
Students should bring a note to the office before their first class with the following information: the date, the time the student should be dismissed from class, whether or not the student will be returning to school, and a parent contact number and signature. PLEASE PRINT THE STUDENT’S FIRST AND LAST NAME.
A pass will be issued to the student, which should be signed by the teacher at the time that the student is dismissed from class.
The student needs to bring that pass to the office, check in with a secretary, and then sign out on the computer.