DHS Main Office
DHS School Hours
- Main Office Staff
- Work Permits
- PowerSchool Mobile App
- DCSD APP
- Reproductive Health
Main Office Staff
- Mrs. Sadler is our Attendance Secretary. She can help you and your student with questions relating to student attendance, late arrival/early dismissal and signing in and out of school, work permits, and other general information. If you aren’t sure where to go, or who to ask, see Mrs. Sadler. firstname.lastname@example.org X7011
- Mrs. Whipple is the Secretary to the Principal. She can help you and your student with questions regarding scheduling a meeting with Ms. Nowak, ordering books for DEMC classes, Power School, and other general information. email@example.com X7013
- Mrs. Agostini (Connie) is the Office ParaEducator. She can help your student with questions regarding Consortium, student parking permits, detention and Saturday School, lockers, and other general information. firstname.lastname@example.org X7015
- Mrs. Mudloff is our Count Secretary. She handles pupil accounting, student records, medical forms, and alumni education verification. email@example.com X7013
For information about Counseling, Scheduling, etc., please visit the Counseling page.
Please choose the appropriate permit, determined by your age. The student should fill out the top section. The employer needs to complete the middle section. THEN bring the form to the office to have the bottom section completed.
Dexter Community Schools use PowerSchool to manage student records. Parents and students can login and view class assignments, grades, etc. by going to this link: PowerSchool Login. You will need your student's ID. Parents are also assigned a login by the school; the building secretary can help you with those numbers.
- Please note: PowerSchool is not available year-round for parent access. During the summer, we have a maintenance period and in August, it is unavailable until the new school year has been activated.
- Parents can set up notifications for grades, missing assignments, etc. by making those selections when logged in to PowerSchool.
- Parents cannot edit contact information in their student's PowerSchool record. The email you include for notifications is not connected to your student's permanent record. To update your email or phone, please contact your school office. To update everything including home address, use the Change of Address Form.
NETWORK LOGIN INFO
- Student emails follow this format: firstname.lastname@example.org. Use their proper name, not nickname.
- The network login for Chromebooks is your student's email. The network login for MacBook Airs follows this format: gradyearCapitalizedlastnameCapitalizedfirst intial. So, for Bob Smith, class of 2024, the network login would be: 24SmithB.
- The default student password is usually their student ID. If that does not work, please contact your school secretary for assistance. Or, if you re-set your password, use the password reset link under the PowerSchool sign-in boxes.
PowerSchool Mobile App
PowerSchool Mobile App
PowerSchool Mobile app gives parents and students access to real-time information on grades, attendance, assignments, scores, and comments. With a clean, easy-to-use interface and intuitive design, the app allows parents to monitor their child's proficiency on standards and register to receive immediate alerts specific to their child.
Getting Started with PowerSchool Mobile
(Requires iOS 7 or later for iPhone®, iPad® or iPod touch®, or Ice Cream Sandwich version 4.0 or greater)
Download the appropriate app to your device. Use the following links:
- iTunes PowerSchool Mobile App (for iOS devices)
- Google Play Powerschool Mobile App (for Android devices)
Open the app and enter the Dexter Community Schools district code when prompted: FZWJ
Trouble Shooting: Please visit the PowerSchool Parents FAQ and scroll down to the Mobile App items.
- Work Permits (see Work Permits tab above)
- Student Office Procedures Fact Sheet
- Student Parking Registration Forms
Available in the Main Office
- Absence & Tardy Policy (from the DCS Student Handbook)
- Student Emergency Forms
- Event Posting Guidelines
- DCS Calendar
- DHS Map
- MHSAA Physical Forms
- Opt-out for photos, military, and directory
- Vacation Approval Forms
- Yearbook Order Forms
- Senior Ad Order Forms
- Power School Sign-in Info Sheet
- IB Program Information
- MESP (Michigan Education Savings Plan)
The Dexter Community School District (DCSD) Blackboard App is a great way to stay informed about goings-on at school:
- Receive notifications regarding weather-related school closures, scheduled days off, and other urgent news;
- Access the following functions: deposit lunch money, pay athletics fees, pay yearbook and other school fees through Eleyo;
- Log In to your grade 5 & up student's PowerSchool account;
- Search the Dexter Schools phone and email directory quickly;
- Quickly view lunch menus.
In addition to district news, you can subscribe to updates from individual buildings. Go to Notifications, then click the gear icon in the right top corner of the screen to select the news you want to be notified about. All your news updates are in one place.
This app is available for anyone who wants to follow Dexter goings-on! Student information is only accessible by parents. Find the DCSD Blackboard app in the App Store or on Google Play.
Instruction in Reproductive Health is offered to students in grades 4-12 and is taught by certified teachers who have received special training. As required by the State of Michigan School Code, the curriculum is developed under the guidance of the Reproductive Health Advisory Committee, a Board-appointed committee. The committee includes parents, guardians, teachers and interested community members. Questions about reproductive health instruction should be referred to the building principal of the school your child attends.
Each year parents are given notice of when Reproductive Health classes will be taught. Parents/guardians have the opportunity to review the content and materials. Materials are available for review in each school’s office and/or during an evening meeting that is held prior to instruction. The choice to participate in Reproductive Health is up to each child’s parents/guardians, who have the option of excusing their child from the reproductive portion of the curriculum.
Principal Melanie Nowak
Asst. Principal David Teddy
Asst. Principal Lauren Thompson